Coronavirus (COVID-19) – support for foster carers
A GUIDE FOR FOSTER CARERS REGARDING CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)
We know that these are unprecedented and challenging times we find ourselves in and we wish you and your loved ones well. We are incredibly grateful to all of you for providing support and stability to children and young people. Family Works Fostering will continue to follow government guidelines and has taken precautions to protect our foster carers, children and young people and our staff in order to continue to provide the best service we can. Some measures we are taking to reduce the spread of the virus are detailed below:
• FWF staff will work remotely to reduce non-essential contact and unnecessary travel and will be contactable on mobile phones
• All non-urgent meetings, training and appointments will be cancelled or postponed or done virtually on Zoom or Microsoft Teams where possible
• We will keep daily contact and provide supervision and support to all our foster carers and children and young people via calls/texts or WhatsApp video calls.
Stay at home
• Only go outside for food, health reasons or work (but only if you cannot work from home)
• Stay 2 metres (6ft) away from other people
• One form of exercise a day, for example a run, walk, or cycle – alone or with members of your household
• Wash your hands regularly for 20 seconds, each time using soap and water, or use hand sanitiser
Please follow the Government advice to stay at home to stop the coronavirus spreading:
If you have any questions, please call us on 01702 597797 or speak to your social worker.